Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Woman Who Knows A Horse: Woodford Reserve Bourbon Commercial

I am seriously torn about this commercial, which has started stalking me around Hulu Plus. (Surely their metrics can't be that good, right?)


I really don't like bourbon, but I think I know how to pick a horse. And picking a horse isn't about picking a winner. And I am reasonably sure - no, I'm completely sure - that the kind of guy who tells me that he thinks I'll pick him because I think he's a winner is a guy I should run far, far away from.

1 comment:

  1. What bothers me even more is that at the end of the ad the narrator says "and I'll just know I'm in the presence of a winner" about the bourbon drinkin horse pickin woman. That in itself, sure, fine, weird, but whatever. However, when you think about the fact that he JUST SAID that same line, well, pretty damn close, about the woman picking a horse... well... He's equating this woman to an animal. messed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.